I’ve never been a soup lover; even when I’m sick, its never been a go-to meal option for me. I don’t know what it is about soup, but it never excites me enough to buy/make it.
UNTIL…Until I decided one day to try butternut squash. It was fantastic, an awakening; I had finally found a vegetable which i actually love. Then came the idea to make it into a soup.
So I went out and bought another large squash, some sweet potatoes, chicken & vegetable stock cubes and some spices. Oh, and a blender…
What you’ll need:
- Butternut Squash (obvs.)
- Sweet Potato (2 small or 1 large)
- Carrots (2 small or 1 large)
- Half an Onion (or 1tsp onion powder)
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Chicken, 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Chili Powder (hot or mild, your choice!)
- 1tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- Blender or a Hand Blender
- Peel and chop all of your vegetable and place into a very large pan.
- Put all of your stock cubes, herbs and spices in a jug and pour in boiling water. Mix together until everything is incorporated.
- Pour stock into pan and boil until everything is very soft.
- Remove some of the stock mix into a jug (about a third). Grab your blender and blend everything together. If you think your soup is too think, simple add some of the stock back into it as necessary.
There you go guys, healthy homemade food really is that simple! I hope you all enjoy it!